Style Request: Organization The Critical Journal of Organization, Theory and Society

Dear,

Could the following please be added to the style repository? Here is the journal site: http://www.uk.sagepub.com/journalsProdManSub.nav?prodId=Journal200981

I think the style is loosely based on Chicago style. The differences below are based on what I see in the journal articles, rather than the author guidelines.

DIFFERENCES:

-In-text citations: list references chronologically (rather than alphabetically)
eg: as demonstrated (Reed, 1992; Alvesson, 1993) ...

Ref list:
Books:
* date needs to be between brackets, no "." following it.
eg: Shapiro, Michael J. (1992) Reading the Postmodern Polity: Political Theory as Textual Practice. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.

Journal articles:
* year: idem above
* Title of article between single inverted commas and followed by "," rather than a "."
eg: Burrell, Gibson (1988) 'Modernism, Post-Modernism and Organizational Analysis 2: The Contribution of Michel Foucault', Organization Studies 9(2): 221-36.
* issue number between brackets and without "no."
Eg: as above: Name (year) 'Title', Journal Vol(issue number): pages

Chapters in books:
* year: idem above
* Title of the chapter between single inverted commas and followed by a ",":
Eg: Smircich, Linda (1985) 'Is the Concept of Culture a Paradigm for Understanding Organizations and Ourselves?',
* "in" is not capitalised
Eg Smircich (year) 'Title', in Authors (eds.) Book...
* "ed" is after the names of the editors (rather than before), between brackets and not followed by a "."
Eg: in P.J. Frost, L.F. Moore, M.R. Louis, C.C. Lundberg and J. Martin (eds) Organizational Culture
* First name of the editors is abbreviated to their initials, rather than in full.
* page numbers are preceded by "pp."
Eg: ...., in P.J. Frost, L.F. Moore, M.R. Louis, C.C. Lundberg and J. Martin (eds) Organizational Culture, pp. 55-72.

Conference and other papers:
* year: idem as above
* like articles the title needs to be between inverted commas and followed by ","
* after the title it should read "paper presented at Conference name (Month), Place".
Eg: Saal, F.E. (1986) 'Males' Misperceptions of Females' Friendliness: Replication and Extension', paper presented at the Midwestern Psychological Association (May), Chicago.

Weblinks:
for electronically available resources, after the other info it should read "Available at: weblink (accessed date Month Year)

Eg: Available at: http://imgwiz.odelius.se/wwf/atts/PEFC_Analysis_
FINAL.pdf (accessed 12 November 2003)."

many thanks

FCL
  • I figure this is too late now? Is this still needed?
  • Yes - this is still needed!
    It would be great!
    Thanks!
  • it's up now. Have a look. Their style guide is useless, so I went by whatever the journal does, but it'd be helpful if someone checked this - I'm doing these quickly.