Citation number 1 shows up as "i" instead

This is a bad sign. I don't want to go on to 2 and see it as a "ii" I don't see any option to have some control over this. Has anyone had this problem and/or could someone offer any troubleshooting questions? I just installed my Word-Zotero plug-in and everything was going swimmingly till now. Uff! Thanks in advance.
  • Footnotes and Endnotes are controlled by Word (or open office) - you should find the footnote/endnote settings in Word (depending on what you're using) -where they are depends on your version of Word - you'll most likely find they're set to use roman numbers.
  • Hi, again, Adam! Thanks for your help. I was able to find a way to choose the correct style in Word but now it is taking up a whole line on its own and separating the text so it looks as if there are 2 separate paragraphs. I have to figure out now how to tell it not to add all that extra space! It cannot be deleted without deleting the number. Ack!
  • @renacentista, this is not something that can be easily explained. Please Google for "word footnote formatting" and find yourself some tutorials that explain this. Even the Word Help function (F1) will be of help.
  • Yes, Mark, it looks like you're right on the Word Help function; it's a bust. Meanwhile I'll allow it to do the Roman i, ii, etc. till I can get with someone at work who knows this stuff and/or learn from the tutorials. My writing deadline is priority right now, the substance must be submitted to my first readers, so the details will have to wait! Thanks for your contribution; I know it will come in handy. Usually there's someone out there in the world who's had a similar challenge.