new sync problem

After some days with no problems, laptop has stopped synching. Green arrow spins, then freezes -- and it turns out that Firefox has frozen, too. Same thing happens after reboot. Repeated tries and failures.

Nearby desktop has no such problem, so I assume it's not a server problem.
  • P.S. Have just run an error report: 1982166804.
  • It's quite likely not really freezing—just syncing a lot of data. Give it time.
  • It does freeze -- and Firefox with it. While the green arrow is spinning, Firefox is using 01 or 02 CPU, and 100K memory. When the green arrow freezes, CPU spikes to 50, and memory use more than doubles.

No useful information in the report?
  • Becoming temporarily unresponsive is not the same as freezing. Have you let it go for half an hour?
  • I let it run for an hour, and did to the next stage -- five items that needed conflict resolution. After working through them (the conflicts seemed minor) and reading a long message about changes that were made in another directory, things now look OK.

I spoke too soon: there's a red exclamation-mark error message about an invalid ID; port no. 43658581.
  • That should be "report no. 43658581."
  • That's not the ID. Copy and paste Report IDs. Don't try to retype them.
  • That's what I did -- copy and paste.
  • The error message is back: "Invalid session ID." So I've run another report: 502622439.
  • (You left out a number at the end of the ID.)

Restart Firefox and try the sync again.