minimal system requirements /Speed

I find Zotero very slow on my 3000 records imported from Endnote. I am using a HP laptop with PC Mobile AMD Athlon (tm) XP2400+_1.79 Ghz, 960 Mb RAM - do you think this is unusual? I get the following message quite freqeuntly: "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."
  • Slow performance with thousands of records is not unusual at this time. You can disable or lengthen the time for the messages concerning the slow script speed if they are irksome (but this won't improve performance).
  • am not sure I know how to do this. I can imagine that it is overload but thought I'd offer the info as a benchmark
  • I also had performance problems with 3000+ references on my 2.8 Gig Pentium 4, 1 Gig RAM system (Linux). I found when I turned off other programs running in the background (e.g., pan), performance perked up dramatically.
  • The number of references seems to be the main factor. I am running Zotero on an old PIII 750 MHz Laptop with 512 MB RAM (Ubuntu) and it works well with my 100+ references so far.