"My Library" gives me blank webpage

When I log in to zotero.org to check My Library, I get only a completely blank web page. The URL is
http://www.zotero.org/dsuisman/items

This happens almost every time: completely blank. A couple of times, my library actually did appear, so I know it's there.

Background: I recently moved my Zotero libary to "the cloud," using Zotero File Storage (which I'm paying for). It does appear to sync between computers, but I want to ensure that I can view the library from zotero.org
  • anything unusual about your library structure?
    Do you have a huge amount of collections and subcollections? (i.e. >100)?
    Have you tried this on different computers with different internet connections?
  • Nothing unusual about my library structure that I'm aware of. I have about about 2,000 items in my library, and probably a few dozen subcollections (none of the trees is more than 3 or 4 levels deep).

The only things that are at all unusual are:
    1. I keep the Zotero library stored in an alternate location on my hard drive, not the default location (Library/Application Support/Firefox/etc. ...)
    2. When I tried to determine the size of the library on my hard drive (by right-clicking on the file name, then selecting Get Info), it appeared that the size of the whole Zotero folder was 800+ MB, but when I log into zotero.org and click on the Storage tab, it says My Library is only 257MB.

I've tried to access the library on two different computers, using, alas, the same internet connection (one wireless, one ethernet). I haven't had problems accessing or opening any other (kinds of) web pages, however.

might be weird is something that occurred when I tried to determine the size of my Zot. library. When I went to the folder where it's stored (Library/Application
  • Emptying your trash and syncing might help.

This is almost definitely the web server timing out getting your library data from the data server. The worst culprit is generally collections because it has to get all of them to build a proper tree structure, and it looks like your library has more collections than you think. I'm not sure if thats because of the trash or not, but its worth a try.
  • Great. I think emptying the Trash (which I hadn't really ever noticed before) did the trick. Many thank.