Collapsing citation numbers

Hello all - I can't figure out how to get my citation numbers to collapse. I.e. [1,2,3,4] => [1-4]. I've tried a number of different styles including Nature, PLoS Medicine and NLM. No dice. Can anyone Help?

Thanks
  • edited June 24, 2010
    the style needs
    <option name="collapse" value="citation-number"/>
    in the citation section -
    but Nature Journal should have that as should NLM (didn't check the others) - works for me, too.
    How are you inserting citations?
  • In Word, I add them one by one by clicking the Zotero Insert Citation button and selecting them from my library.

Thanks
  • use the "multiple sources" button in the Word Plugin button.
  • Hmm, I don't seem to have one of those, let my try updating the plugin.
  • bottom left - next to show editor. It's been there for years - try resizing the window.
  • Ah, found it. Thanks. :)
  • Hello... I would also like my citation numbers to collapse. I.e. [1,2,3,4] => [1-4]. I've read this thread and cannot find the "multiple sources" button in the Word Plugin button. I am using Vancouver style. In Word, I add my citations one by one by using the "Add/Edit Citation" and selecting them from my library. I'm on a Mac, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, Word version is 16.16.25 (2018). Appreciate any advice you can provide!
  • As you can see, this thread is from 2010, so there have been some changes in Zotero.
    To add another citation to the same cite group, you will need to add it to the other citation already in place. Put the cursor beside that citation, click on Add/Edit citation and in the red bubble that opens up, add the citation there.
    See the 4th picture here for an example: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage