Writer Plugin Difficulties after Lyz, my fix...

OK, just wasted probably an hour getting the toolbar in Writer to work with Zotero again.

I didn't have this problem until installing Lyz. After realizing I would have to submit my paper in .doc format, I decided to go back to writing with Writer.

The problem was then first noticed that the toolbar was unresponsive.

I immediately disabled Lyz in Firefox, and rebooted my Ubuntu machine.

Still didn't work, so I did the troubleshoot page: http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting
"During initial installation, or after triggering the “Reinstall OpenOffice Components” command as above, you see a select folder dialog with the title:"
so I looked above again at the Reinstall OpenOffice Components part, which read:
"Zotero toolbar doesn't appear [which in my case it was there, but not doing anything]
If the Zotero toolbar (or Zotero scripts for Word 2008 for Mac) does not appear, follow these steps:
1. Close Word or OpenOffice.
2. In Firefox, go to Tools→Add-ons→Extensions. (If you don't see “Zotero MacWord Integration,” “Zotero WinWord Integration,” or “Zotero OpenOffice Integration” in Tools→Add-ons→Extensions, install them.)
3. Click the “Preferences” button next to “Zotero MacWord Integration,” “Zotero WinWord Integration,” or “Zotero OpenOffice Integration”, depending on your operating system and word processor.
4. Click “Reinstall Word Components” or “Reinstall OpenOffice Components” as appropriate. [a few more instructions for Windows users]"

So I did the above and it didn't work.
I rebooted.
I did the above again and it didn't work.
I rebooted.
I did the above again and it finally worked. Toolbar is now functioning properly.

Lesson learned? Persistence wins. I'm posting this to help anyone else who comes upon the same problem and is searching the forums for the answer.