Can't install a citation style

Hello,
When I try to install a new citation style by either Ctr+O or drag-and-drop, Firefox does not ask me install/cancel, but asks me instead which program i want to use to open the file. If i choose Firefox, then simply the same pop-up appears in a new tab. If I choose something other than Firefox, then it simply uses that program and i'm nowhere further than before.
I know that this style works because I installed it without a problem on another computer last year. Is it some glitch between updated Zotero/Firefox versions?
Thanks....
  • try installing it using the style manager in the Zotero preferences.
    Not sure why that isn't working otherwise - I've never seen that and it's the first time someone asks about it on the forum - might be something in the application settings of Firefox (i.e. the settings determining what firefox does with which type of file), maybe?
  • Fixed!
    Thanks! I didn't know about that option. Every time I look at the Zotero preferences I seem to discover new things.
    I don't have the patience right now to play with Firefox file settings, but when I do get around to it, i'll let you know if there was something odd.
    Again, thanks!