starting a new collection

I am new to Zotero and I can't figure out how to get to the screen that allows me to start a new collection. I log in to my library and the screen simply shows that there are no items in the library, but I don't see the icon for adding items anywhere on the screen. I don't see how to access the main screen for data collecting and organizing.
  • watch the intro video on the homepage - the relevant passage starts at about 30secs.
    Your Zotero library does, by default, not sit on the web, but on your computer.
  • Thanks, this is helpful, but I still can't find where on my computer. I watched the video a few times. How do I access the interface after I have logged into zotero?
  • forget about the whole "log on" thing - it's completely unrelated to what you're trying to do. You can't add collections online. You have to do that in your local Zotero.

To that purpose, click on the "Zotero" letters on the bottom right of your screen when you're in Firefox. Zotero will open. The "New Collection" button is all the way on the left.
  • Thank you! It worked.