Member denied access to Private Group

Hi-
I created a private group, but a member that I invited is getting an Error: Access denied message when attempting to access it.

I double-checked the Group settings (I'm the admin) and it seems like all invited members should be able to access and edit without any problems. Any ideas on what I'm overlooking? I put the group configuration details below. Thanks.

Library Reading: any group member is selected
Library Editing: any group member is selected
File Editing: any group member is selected
  • Accessing it before accepting the invitation? If you send an invitation using an email address but that email address does not have an account associated with it, they will not be able to preview the group. If you look under the group settings > members, the invitations you have pending will show either a username or an email address depending on whether we found an account or not. They should always be able to join the group by following the link they get in the email even if they can't see the group page.
  • Thanks for responding.

I checked the Group settings and it doesn't show the invitation as 'pending' and so I'm assuming that this person has been validated. Is that a correct assumption? Shouldn't it also show an accepted member's status (e.g., regular member, administrator, group owner)? Thanks.
  • If they accepted the invitation it would show them as a member.