Zotero Sync error. Report ID: 969563643

Hi folks, I've been getting a sync error for a while, but didn't report it because I assumed it was my box.net account overflowing. Decided to buy zotero storage (5gb) yesterday and set about synching my library to back it up. My library currently includes about 1.3 gb of references and attached files, and since yesterday I've been able to get about 460mb uploaded in four attempts. I'm not sure, however, if zotero is starting from the start and doubling (quadrupling?) what's already uploaded, or whether it's starting from where it left off and proceeding through my library.

Anyways, all I seem to need to do to get this error is hit the sync button and let it run for a while. If it helps, I'm running Zotero 2.0.3 on Firefox 3.6.3 on a Windows XP machine.

cheers

SM
  • edited June 12, 2010
    if zotero is starting from the start and doubling (quadrupling?) what's already uploaded, or whether it's starting from where it left off and proceeding through my library.
    It definitely won't upload anything that's already been uploaded. You might want to just keep trying. Amazon (which underlies Zotero storage) occasionally throws intermittent errors, but the workaround is to just retry.
  • Thanks Dan, I'll keep retrying until I get it all backed up. I've gotten errors twice more but am now 2/3 of the way through my library.

Is it possible that the amount of data I'm trying to sync is the problem? I guess what I'm asking is whether I'll be less likely to receive errors when I'm just backing up a new entry or a day's work than when I'm uploading a year's worth of stuff?

And, on a related note, has there been any progress on personalizing the sync scheduling? It would be nice if users could set zotero up to sync once per hour or once per day, or whatever, rather than just automatic or manual as the options.

thanks again for the help. Hopefully once I get this dissertation completed I'll be able to get more involved here, since I'm benefiting so much from zotero so far!
  • soory to step in with my own problems, but maybe one of you knows what should be done with this error msg. "SSL certificate error connecting to sync.zotero.org"
    I simply cannot sync my box from the office computer that I use (it was fine before and now it doesn't work for a month or so).

cheers, GL
  • @glevy28,

There are other threads about that are relevant, and might contain a hint for you to work from:

http://www.zotero.org/search/#forums/SSL certificate error connecting to sync.zotero.org
  • Is it possible that the amount of data I'm trying to sync is the problem? I guess what I'm asking is whether I'll be less likely to receive errors when I'm just backing up a new entry or a day's work than when I'm uploading a year's worth of stuff?
    Yes.