Linking Older Library to Zotero

I'm trying to get access to a library off of my old hard drive which is now external/USB (E: drive); I had changed the directory under preferences to do so. However, I believe the zotero upgrades have outdated the E: drive library unreadable because I've been told it needs repaired. (I think the library is about 1.5 years old.) I don't want to corrupt my data if there would be version conflicts. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • The first thing you want to do is to back-up your old library - i.e. just make a copy of the entire data folder and put it somewhere else/safe - that way all fears about data corruption etc. are taken care of.

Then you can just try what works - in general, Zotero will correctly update old libraries for you if you put them in a newer version - so that would be a first try.
    I'm not sure what you mean by: "because I've been told it needs repaired" - if the old library is already corrupted, there might be other steps you'll have to take, but we'll get to that if it's necessary.