repeated sync error message

Error not apparent; recent entries seem to have downloaded OK.

But at Firefox startup there are repeated warnings about a script not completing -- specifically a Zotero chrome script. One of the options given is "Continue," which I've done each time.
  • I should add that the main error messages in question are in the exclamation mark icon, after Zotero has tried to complete the sync. The Firefox startup warnings may or not be relevant.
  • edited June 9, 2010
    Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js :: _processZipDownload :: line 1007" data: no]
    Is this a local drive or a USB/network drive? If the latter, switching to the former should at least provide a more helpful error message.

If the former but you're using security software of any sort, try disabling it.

If that doesn't help, make sure no files in the 'storage' directory within your Zotero data directory are marked as read-only. (Normally it should tell you the file in question, but in some weird cases (external drives, security software, etc.) it doesn't currently.)
  • But at Firefox startup there are repeated warnings about a script not completing -- specifically a Zotero chrome script. One of the options given is "Continue," which I've done each time.
    This is unrelated to the above, but see Unresponsive Script Warning.

If you're really getting it every time you start Zotero, even after always clicking Continue, start a new thread and tell us the file and line number from the message.
  • Don't start new threads for the sync issue. I already answered you above.
  • Missed that in the e-mail stream.

Is this a local drive or a USB/network drive? If the latter, switching to the former should at least provide a more helpful error message. / LOCAL DRIVE.

If the former but you're using security software of any sort, try disabling it. / JUST SYMANTIC ANTIVIRUS. DISABLING AUTOPROTECT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE.

If that doesn't help, make sure no files in the 'storage' directory within your Zotero data directory are marked as read-only. / I DON'T STORE ATTACHMENTS, ETC. THE THE STORAGE SECTION SHOWS DOZENS OF DIRECTORIES. SAMPLING SEVERAL OF THEM I DON'T SEE ANY READ-ONLY FLAGS. / (Normally it should tell you the file in question, but in some weird cases (external drives, security software, etc.) it doesn't currently.)

MEANWHILE CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. BUT SYNCING SEEMS TO COMPLETE ANYWAY, THOUGH, JUDGING BY THE DATES ON THE RECORDS.