webdav sync asks for zotero name and pass

I've set up my own webdav server. Entered all settings in zotero and pressing "Verify server" gives success info. Then I press that green circle with arrow in the right corner and it says "You must enter your zotero.org username and password in the Zotero preferences to sync with the Zotero server".

What am I doing wrong? I choose webdav under file syncing in zotero prefs.
Zotero version is 2.0.2

Thanks in advance.
  • Presumably you didn't enter your zotero.org username and password in the top section.
  • What for if I I'm syncing over webdav?
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/sync
    WebDAV is only for your file attachments, not for the data stored in your zotero database.
  • Got it. Well, in a few words is it reliable, getting one part from one place and another part from second? I use zotero for my phd work for several years and I was using it with dropbox for some months but found it unreliable I loose some of the files. I know that there is a possibility to mount webdav as a local filesystem like nfs i guess, or mirroring zotero folder using rsync, did anybody have any experience with that? I'm just looking for the most reliable solution because the data is very important, and would be very thankfull for any advise.
  • Well, in a few words is it reliable, getting one part from one place and another part from second?
    Yes, this is supported. It is not possible to get your metadata database over any other sync method at this time.

Dropbox is not supported. Network filesystems are not supported. Either/both work, but your most reliable solution will be to use zotero data sync and either zotero or WebDAV file sync.