"Delete selected item from library" doesn't give a warning at top-level

At the top-level, "Delete selected item from library" doesn't give a warning that it's deleting an item.
  • I would assume that's on purpose - it's in line with behavior of most OS - the extra warning in collections is there because you usually aren't deleting items there.

Also, obviously the items aren't irretrievably gone, they still are in the trash.
  • Consistency is important.

When I am inside a collection, I may surely want to delete items -- though I understand that the 'remove from collection' action may also be used there.

Despite the trash, this is a problem. There's no one-step revert (i.e. Ctrl-Z): I would have to go to the trash, REMEMBER what I'd just deleted, etc...
  • When you use Ctrl/Cmd-Delete in My Library, it circumvents the warning, by design. When you use it in a collection, you get the warning, for the reason adamsmith notes.

I believe the context-menu option is just a result of using the same logic, but it probably makes sense to show the warning for the context-menu option regardless, so I think this could be described as bug.

Ticket created.