Zotero Citation Word Plugin - reference format control

I am successfully creating citations in word with this cool plugin.

However, I am unable to determine if I can control what information is carried from my Zotero library to the word document where I insert the reference.

For example, I use Chicago Manual of Style (author-date format)
I use Zotero Insert Citation and select a reference in my library
I use Zotero Insert bibliography in my document

It is listed as follows:
Hendon, Julia A. 2004. Living and Working at Home: The Social Archaeology of Household Production and Social Relations. In A Companion to Social Archaeology, ed. Lynn Meskell and Robert W Preucel. Malden, MA: Blackwell Pub. https://libcat.uchicago.edu/ipac20/ipac.jsp?uri=link=3100007~!7432756~!3100001~!3100002&profile=ucpublic.

Is it possible for me to control what information is actually inserted? For example, I do not want the url listed in my bibliography. I could remove it from my library but I would rather keep that information - I just don't want it in my bibliography.

Thanks

karim
  • generally, the information in the citations is controlled by the style (in your case CMoS author-date). Taking out the URL is relatively (!) easy to do by modifying the style
    http://www.zotero.org/support/csl_simple_edits

Most styles use URLs if no page range is given. The logic of this is that e-publications should be cited with their source - the URL.
    What's going wrong in your case is that the URL of library catalogs should not be in the URL field. It can be in the Call Number field or be a linked item, but it shouldn't be in the URL field - there is apparently a problem with the translator (i.e. the code that tells Zotero which information to get and where to put it). So you should delete the URL and/or paste it somewhere else.

If you really don't want to do it you can tell Zotero not to use URLs, but that will result in wrong citations for all e-publications.