More flexible items types

Hi, I've had a lot of trouble getting consistent results with Zotero. The main problem is with Item types. Quite often I want to save something that can only really be described as a website, but which definitely has a publisher, like this: http://www.threatenedspecies.environment.nsw.gov.au/tsprofile/profile.aspx?id=10114
The Website title is "NSW threatened species", and the publisher is "Department of Environment". The only way to get around this to either save it as a report, or mangle the website title. Of course, there are other situations that are similar to this.

It would be ideal if it were possible to arbitrarily add any field to any item type. Obviously the output styles would still only use the fields that they know about, but this way it would be possible to always save all available information, without mangling.

"Item type" could then just become a generic container with recommended fields. Changing to a different item type could simply delete all unused fields, and then add the standard recommended fields for that type. This would also allow the user to change the item type without losing any information.
  • FWIW, I'm very much in favor of adding additional fields to a wider range of types. Have complained about this issue a number of times.