Cleaning the 'storage' folder from deleted pdf files

I have lots of pdf files included into my library and stored locally. From time to time I delete a file from my library using right mouse button and delete selected entry from library.
Now I have realized that even when deleting an entry including pdf file from library, the pdf file is still existing on the storage location I have chosen. This is wasting my storage space!
Does anyone know how to clean the storage folder from already deleted library entries?
Thanks!
  • Have you emptied the trash in Zotero?
  • yes the trash is empty....
    what could be the reason?
  • Are you sure you don't have more than one copy of the file in your library?

Do you have them in group libraries?

Do you have the files open when you delete them?

Can you reproduce this?
  • There was only one copy of it in the library.
    I have some in my own library and most in a group library.
    All pdfs were closed.
    Yesterday I have changed my sync. settings to sync. automatically and disabled file sync.. After doing this all references adding to library now and deleting them afterward are also deleted from the storage folder!
    And this is reproducible. Now everything works well!
    Thank you....
  • You shouldn't need to disable file sync.

By reproducible, I mean can you reproduce the problem—as in, steps to reproduce.
  • Thats what I mean. Now it is reproducible that it works right. In the beginning it was reproducible that the files stayed in the folder even when the library entry was deleted. For me this is not really logical, but may be it was a problem with some rights on our local network storage because the files are all stored in our local network.
  • When we ask if something is reproducible, we mean if a problem is reproducible, and if so what the steps are. If it's working as expected, there's nothing to reproduce.
  • right, thank you.