Yet another syncing problem

I'm also having trouble syncing.
Report ID: 592679234

When zotero syncs it takes some time, and then says that I have conflicts that need to be resolved manually...over 500 of them. I ignored this for a while, hoping it would go away, but today just clicked through them. It seems that for every error that I allowed Z to create a merged copy, rather than choosing my local version (most of the time they appeared identical...sometimes it was deleted locally but not remotely, I went with the default whenever possible, 579 times is a lot.) it did not actually go through and complete the sync.

Now I have the same behavior with only 521 conflicts to resolve manually. I tried to create a debug log, but that generated over 500k lines, and now refuses to upload to the server. When I try to view the 0.5m lines I get an empty window.

I noticed this beginning when I upgraded to Zotero 2.0.3 on my work computer. I will check my home computer for similar behavior and let you know.

Any thoughts? Jennifer
  • My home computer (Mac OS 10.6, Zotero 2.0.2) is quite happy, no syncing problems, no conflicts to be resolved. Happily syncing in under a minute.

My work computer (Windows, Zotero 2.0.3) is still unhappy. Taking longer to sync (albeit during busier times of day)

Looking at the online data, it's obvious that my work computer has not successfully synced since I updated to 2.0.3.
  • Is it possible to downgrade to 2.0.2? I haven't found a location to download this on the Zotero site, only to completely revert to version 1.

Would it be worth attempting to restore to the zotero server, since it seems that the server doesn't like 521 of my local files. In the week since I have successfully synced I've made some changes, but not 521! I'm afraid if I do this it will just make things worse.

Any suggestions?
  • Downgrading won't help—it's unlikely this has anything to do with the Zotero version.

If the sync fails, the conflicts you've resolved don't take, so there's no mystery as to why you'd get repeated conflicts—and the conflicts themselves aren't necessarily related to the error.

We'd need an error report from after the sync failed to tell you what was going on (and you'd have to restart Firefox completely immediately before the sync).

But you can use one of the reset options if that's easier.
  • When I did a restore from my main working computer it fixed the problem. My secondary computer accepted all the changes without an error, or asking for me to resolve 521 conflicts, my big worry.

All seems to be good now. Thanks for your help.

Also, I just did a retrieve metadata for pdf and it successfully ID'd and matched/created records for quite a few of my outstanding articles...it was very nice and extremely helpful.
This discussion has been closed.