In-line citations reset line spacing to 1

When I insert a new citation in Open Office (3.2.0) line spacing is always reset to 1 in the current paragraph. This is a total pain, because most journals and theses require line spacing of 1.5 or 2.

My plugins are all up to date, and this is a fresh Ubuntu Lucid installation.
  • edited May 4, 2010
    In OO 3.0 (and I assume in 3.2), there is an icon to the left of the styles pull-down menu, on the left end of the menu-bar at the top of the application window. Rolling over the icon, it should declare itself to be for "Styles and formatting" or so. Click on the icon, and it will open a popup menu. Select the "default" item in the menu, and right-click to get a menu. Select "Modify". Change the spacing to the desired value.

When Zotero inserts a citation, it resets the paragraph spacing to the document default. When the desired paragraph line spacing is set as the document style default, the reset will have no visible effect.
  • Thanks for your rapid response Frank, which fixed my immediate problem.

I have to say that this is not an intuitive or helpful behaviour. It would be better if the citation respected whatever formatting it happened to be inserted in, rather than dictatorially changing the style of the entire paragraph. What happens if you have two paragraph styles in your document, both of which could have citations inserted?
  • I agree with mdobue from close to half a decade ago. After getting tired of correcting line spacing for each and every time I insert a citation I searched for the problem and found this post. The solution is not intuitive and citation should not behave in this way.