OpenOffice Plug-in error

"Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox."

I have uninstalled everything, and reinstalled, to no avail. OpenOffice is not open when I get this error.
  • which operating system, FF version, Ooo version?
    Can you create an Error Report ID from Zotero?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
  • FF 3.6.3, OpenOffice Plug-in 3.0a7, OO 3.2, in other words, all the latest versions. My OS is XP. I cannot create an error report from Zotero, the error actually pops up before the Zotero pane is even active, when I start FF.
  • We still need a Report ID.
  • edited May 3, 2010
    It gives me the number 38287311.

I am not sure this has anything to do with the extension problem which, as I said, appears in FF and not in the Zotero extension.
  • Restart Firefox completely and generate another Report ID.
  • OK:

It is 1229306376

Thanks.
  • Restart Firefox, try to reinstall the plugin components, and then, if it fails, send in another Report ID.
  • I have tried this multiple times, but did it again as you instructed. I get the error "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox." again, and the report number is 305157702.
  • Yes, but we need the error it's generating or we can't help you.

It should be logging an error when you get that message, but for some reason it's not coming through. You're getting a lot of non-Zotero errors, though, so I'd recommend disabling all your other Firefox extensions, restarting Firefox (at which point Report Errors should really be grayed out), retrying the component install, and sending in another Report ID.
  • Well, it probably won't be grayed out, because some of those are content errors (from your home page or other things content Firefox loads automatically), but I'd still try disabling other extensions.
  • Ok, done. Maybe this will help: number is 678263487

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIProcess.init]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero-openoffice-integration/content/browser-overlay.js :: ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration_installComponents :: line 284" data: no]"]
  • It does.

What's the location of your OpenOffice installation? If you set the executable path to the proper path, it should install. You should be able to click Detect Paths and then navigate to your OO directory.
  • Hot damn. It worked. THANKS!

This was an unexpected problem, since I installed everything with no trouble on my Vista netbook.
  • What was the location of the OO installation, out of curiosity?
  • Just in C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3...I am not sure if this is what you are asking.
  • OK, thanks. We'll look into it.