[FR] Include date/time in search results?

When I perform a search on the Zotero website, e.g. http://www.zotero.org/search/#support/"zotero search" date, I would be handy if the found items would contain a 'date field'.

This is especially the case with Translator-related errors, because these appear on a frequent basis (because the journals change their websites). Before posting a new issue, I want to know whether somebody else did so during the last week or so.

I think adding the date/time of the first post in a thread will improve the Zotero website.

Thanks for the excellent product!
  • Before posting a new issue, I want to know whether somebody else did so during the last week or so.
    That's just a Google site search, intended mainly as a starting point for beginners. Use the dedicated forum search.
  • also, since it's a google search you can actually go through google and look at results from the last week. Also you can roughly tell by the number or the thread how old it is.
  • Thanks for your comments.

I do stick - however - to my point that including a timestamp would improve this 'basic search' as well, just like the dedicated forum search.

Just for my curiosity: Why do you have this Google site search if there is a nice 'dedicated search' engine already available?
  • the google search produces much better results, especially for poorly chosen search terms.
  • Why do you have this Google site search if there is a nice 'dedicated search' engine already available?
    Because it searches the entire zotero.org site, including documentation, and so is better suited for searches where people don't know exactly what they're looking for.
  • I do stick - however - to my point that including a timestamp would improve this 'basic search' as well, just like the dedicated forum search.
    And I think you misunderstood what I was saying—Google searches don't show timestamps, so this isn't possible.