Zotero causes duplicate master password prompts

Zotero: V2.0.2
Firefox: 3.6.2 and 3.6.x

If Firefox is started and then left unattended, two undesirable things happen:
1. Zotero causes a prompt for Firefox the master password (presumably to perform a synchronization - even though Zotero has not been used yet).
2. If the master password is not entered, a second Firefox master password dialog prompt occurs (meaning that the password now has to be entered twice!).

More desirable behavior would be to defer synchronization until the Zotero window has been opened for the first time in a Firefox session (and to check whether a previous synchronization is still in progress before attempting a second sync.)

As this isn't a "hard" error, I'm not sure where I should be reporting it. (Please feel free to delete this post and put the information somewhere more useful.)
  • +1

Zotero 2.0.3

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; fr; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100423 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.3
  • More desirable behavior would be to defer synchronization until the Zotero window has been opened for the first time in a Firefox session
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but given that we sync when the pane is opened, it's probably reasonable to do this. Ticket created.