Google Scholar Legal opinion and journals translator error

When I try to use the translator on Google Scholar's "Legal opinion and journals" search research, I could choose the items I want to save, but the message of "could not save item" error was showed when I actually tried to save them.

For example:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=bilsky&hl=en&btnG=Search&as_sdt=400000000000002

I searched the forum but did not see it discussed. Perhaps I missed it? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
  • Google Scholar provides bibliographic data in BibTeX format, and that's what the Zotero translator relies on. Last time I looked, GS was delivering empty BibTeX items (no details at all) against legal materials. That's probably what's breaking things. You can double-check by clicking on the BibTeX link on a GS item.

If that's the problem, there's not much to be done, other than wait until Google starts providing better metadata. There's an initiative afoot to specify and deploy unique identifiers for primary legal sources (like DOIs, only different); the GS people may be watching that before deciding how to provide bibliographic data. Or they may just not have gotten to it, you never know.
  • Hi Frank Thanks a lot! I was hoping Google Scholar could be a neat place to gather case infos...