Problems with Drag and Drop File Add

First of all, thanks to the Zotero team and other contributors for all your wonderful work.

If I have a journal article entry in Zotero, then drag and drop the PDF corresponding to that article onto the entry, the PDF is nicely connected to the entry and file imported.

However, in addition to the files themselves, I also very often have a collection of notes taken on that article made in OmniOutliner. Dragging and dropping these notes on the file (so that both the PDF and the notes are attached to the entry) does not do anything. It seems that txt/PDF/doc drag and drop work but oo3 files do not.

You can, of course, manually "Attach link to file..." but this is a lot slower (for the hundreds of files I want to do this for) than drag-dropping the notes onto the Zotero entry for given entries.
  • Are you sure the OO3 files aren't actually folders? When you control-click on them, do you see Show Package Contents?
  • Yes, looks like they are indeed technically folders, though they function otherwise as files, containing a "contents.xml" file that is the body of the notes. I guess that means no go eh? That is unfortunate...