add simple export styles (title, author)

When you have a list of references, you can always select a group of them, Quick-copy them and paste the nice-looking result in a text box, wherever it may be.

If simple export styles were added to the list, like "title only" for example, we could generate a list of the titles for a group of items and paste that instead.

Like that, we could paste the list in the search field of Web of Science, to launch a search for the full texts, without having the daunting task of entering all the titles one by one.

If you do that with authors, you would get the complete bibliographies of selected authors in a few seconds.

The easy way to implement it is to add a few entries in the Export Styles list.
  • If you hold shift during quick copy you can get the in-text citation rather than the bibliography output. That allows you to get
    (Author, Date) (e.g. in APSA style),
    Author Date (the International Organization Style
    Author, TItle (Chicago Note w Bibliography)

Any other combination is possible by slightly modifying the <citation> section of the existing styles, which tends to be very simple:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/csl_simple_edits
  • OK, that's cool, the shift key combination. It does not fully resolve the issue though.

The method for creating new styles is a bit complex and I'm sure I won't be the only one to get lost in the code. So I just suggest adding a few simple fields into the styles drop-down list (we even already have export formats, so why not simple fields?)