URL for web repository of item

In my collaboration work, I would like to be able to reference an item held in the Zotero web interface and include it as a reference in an email or discussion thread. While I can find it quickly using the desktop zotero, once I find it I cannot derive what its URL is on the Zotero server. The document ID numbers used on the host are not apparently stored locally. It would be nice to generate this reference without paging through the website.
doug
  • Context-menu option to view an item on zotero.org?

An extra (non-editable) line in the right-hand pane?

A Locate menu option (which probably isn't quite right, since that is and will be more for searching)?
  • I think that a context-menu item would be really quite nice.
  • agreed - a context menu would be best (and I would be fine with a "copy link" kind of option since my intent is to paste it somewhere else, but I can grab the url off the address line too)
    thanks!
  • I think taking you to the URL is the more generalized and appropriate option. It would also, for example, allow people to easily verify that new items had been synced, and as more collaborative functionality is added to the website it'd become even more useful.
  • sounds great.