Importing PDFs and Images

I am trying to import a library from Endnote into Zotero. I have files attached to many citations in PDF and image format on Endnote. I read the posts saying to change internal-pdf:// to file://location/where/endnote/stores/your/pdfs. I might be looking in the wrong place but I cant find internal-pdf:// on the exported document. I also cannot find anything about importing images into Zotero. Help please?
  • what export format are you using?
    Can you provide the output for a single item with an image attached - in general Zotero imports images the same way as pdfs
  • I am sorry but I am not great with computers. It says to export in RIS format so that is what I have been doing. I can make everything import into Zotero except the PDFs and Images
  • if you open the RIS file in a text processor - do you see the internal-pdf:// thing?
    That's also where you could find the output for a single item with an attachment (be it image of pdf)
  • Nope, I do not know where to find it. If i just look at the RIS file I exported internal-pdf:// is not there
  • once again - sample output of one item?
    Also, which Endnote version?
    Should look something like this:

TY - JOUR

ID - 293

T1 - Effects of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) on emotion regulation in social anxiety disorder.

JF - Emotion

M3 - 10.1037/a0018441

A1 - Goldin,Philippe R.

A1 - Gross,James J.

VL - 10

IS - 1

PY - 2010/02//

SP - 83

EP - 91

SN - 1528-3542

ER -
  • What is supposed to look like that and what does sample output of 1 item mean? It is endnote x
  • I really don't know how else to explain this:

if you open the RIS file in a text processor (...)
    That's also where you could find the output for a single item (...)
  • @holkeboers: Assuming you are running Windows open notepad (under accessories in the start menu program list) then drag the RIS file from endnote onto the open notepad window (or use file -> open in notepad as you prefer). The output for individual items should be separated by blank lines.