Attempt to sync causes Firefox to freeze

Zotero on my macbook attempts to sync. After a long delay, a pane pops up with a yellow triangle and a lengthy list that begins "The tag INTERNET has been added to and/or removed from items in multiple locations. It has been added to the following remote items..." followed by a long list of references. This pane causes Firefox to freeze, so that I can't click on anything other than "quit Firefox." Once I quit firefox a small pane is visible that says "The tag 'training' has been added to and/or removed from items in multiple locations..." My computer doesn't allow me to quit Firefox and I have to power it down manually.

I've already rebooted the computer twice, logged out and logged in of Zotero on my other computer and checked the settings. Once I reboot, I can open Firefox and use it, as long as I don't use Zotero.

Before these error were occurring, I had checked the settings on my mac to make sure they matched.
  • This pane causes Firefox to freeze, so that I can't click on anything other than "quit Firefox."
    Have you tried just hitting Enter/Return?