Tag too long exception (Report ID 496974613)

Some time ago after I imported a PDF, I got an error about a tag being too long. I reported it. The ID is 496974613. At this point all I really want to do is to get rid of the red exclamation point in Zotero.

I found a tag that started the same as the one reported and deleted it and restarted Firefox, but the error still shows up. Any suggestions on how to make this go away would be appreciated.

-- Brandt
  • Just click the sync icon—if you have a too-long tag you'll get a wizard to help you deal with it.
  • Update

Actually, when I looked again, my tag list changed after I deleted the tag that started with the same words. Now the offending tag showed up and the exception stack trace was much shorter. I tried deleting the tag again (and restarting) and now the error is gone. Also, my list of tags has changed dramatically. I think the problem may have been supressing the display of other tags.

So, my problem is now solved, but there is a latent bug in there somewhere that should still be found. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

-- Brandt
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already done that (for other reasons) and no such wizard showed up.
  • I just ran a test to see if I could reproduce the problem. I manually created a very long tag. It did not reproduce the original condition, only the state I was in after deleting the first tag. And the sync button brought up the wizard as you suggested. So, the original problem caused by whatever the PDF indexer spat out is a different problem than just having a long tag.