Citations entered into Word 2008 for Mac come out in code

When I enter a citation and bibliography into a Word document in Mac (all latest versions loaded) it only shows in code - how can I see what I have written? It does show correctly on the 'print preview' page.
  • what do you mean "in code" - could you give an example?
    What this sounds like is that you have some preference in Word enabled to show all field codes - you'd have to solve that problem in Word.
  • Thankyou - I have changed the document preferences for Zotero in Word to format using bookmarks not fields and it seems to read fine now.

Very grateful for your help.
  • I have one more problem with citations - trying to cite a website for a bibliography results in a message that it will be 'blank'. Does Zotero not produce a citation for a web page?
  • I have changed the document preferences for Zotero in Word to format using bookmarks not fields and it seems to read fine now.
    No, don't do that. Fix your Word prefs to not show full field codes.
  • Great, that works. Thank you!
  • edited April 7, 2010
    I have one more problem with citations - trying to cite a website for a bibliography results in a message that it will be 'blank'. Does Zotero not produce a citation for a web page?
    Yes it does - it depends on which fields are filled out in your Zotero item and which style you're using. If, for example you have a webpage without a date and without an author and you're trying to cite that in an author-date style that'd produce a blank citation.