Change Username or delete account?

I found this post of someone asking the same question, but it seems not to have been answered:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/10344/change-or-delete-username/

I accidentally signed up with a misspelled username. I could just create a new account with a different e-mail address, but I'd rather not, as the e-mail address will follow me throughout my academic career. Is there some "contact us" link that I'm missing where i could get someone to delete the faulty account so that I can use my regular e-mail address? Or, is there a way to change the username?
  • We try to avoid this at the moment for various reasons. For deleting accounts we would just end up removing all metadata associated with the account (including email) and banning it, so posts and such would stay and the username would remain unavailable for re-use. We can do that for you with this account, but you can also change your email on this account under Settings > Account and get your desired username with the correct email.
  • edited April 5, 2010
    "you can also change your email on this account under Settings > Account and get your desired username with the correct email. "

A ha! This is a good workaround. I don't have a problem if the misspelled one stays out there--I just want the correct one and my real e-mail in line. Thank you!
  • I got the same problem, but created a second account, could you please delete this one?
    Please do also delete the library an dall other information
    Thanks a lot
  • i also created two accounts accidentally. How can delete one and keep the other?
  • Please delete my account with ALL data. Thanks in advance. If i can do this deletion for myself, please let me know how.
  • Please delete my account.
  • Please delete my account
  • Please delete my account and all associated data as well. Thanks.
  • edited August 20, 2010
    =]
  • DELETE MY ACCOUNT, PLEASE. Thanks!
  • I want to delete my library on your web site. How can I do that? The account does not have to be deleted but I don't want the library to be on your server. I wanted to sync only a portion of my collection but instead Zoter synced everything in my desktop library. That was not what I intended. If I cannot do it myself, please delete the whole library. If it is necessary to delete my account to achieve library deletion, please delete the account. I am not going to use syncing with your servers due to its functional limitations. Thank you.
  • Please delete my account with ALL data. Couldn't find where to do it myself. Thanks in advance.
  • I added new email & username and made it primary, but the account is still shown under the old username. Do I need to delete the old username/email? If so, will I still have access the additional storage I bought under the old username?
  • Please delete my account and all associated data. Thank you.
  • Please also delete my account and all associated data. Thank you!
  • I opened a new account but the zotero icon on the bottom of the window still links me to the old account. Can you change that link or tell me how to do it by myself? Thanks!
  • Bump my query of Sept 12th. I'm confused about the whole username/email relationship. Is it possible to acquire a new username by adding an email address? What fcheslack suggests above will get a new email for an old username, but can you get a new username for an old email?
  • Please delete my account with all associated data as well. Thanks!!
  • Please delete my account with all associated data
  • I just managed, I *think* this is what I did, it was a bit of a work around:

Add a new email address to your account in settings -> account (hopefully you have a second email address you can use), get this verified, make it your primary email address and delete your previous email address (which is presumably the one you want to use).

Add your preferred email address to your settings again, upon which you should get a welcome to Zotero email in your inbox. Follow the instructions, this time using your preferred user name and email address. Get this verifed, make the email address your primary address and delete the other other one.
  • Please delete my account as well as all associated data. Thank you!
  • misspelled user name

Delete this current account and all associated information please.

=)

Thank You.
  • Please also delete my account and all associated data. Thank you!
  • Please delete my account too and erase all data stored in it. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.