Mail ID with + extension not fully recognized as separate ID ...?

I'm trying to test the sync behavior of attachments generated by a translator I've just written. For testing, I use a separate account, with the extension +test tacked onto the end of my normal mail name. This syntax is in the mail standards, is recognized by Google Mail, and I have a separate Zotero account, with ID fbennetttest, based on this mail address.

I have sent an invitation to the ID fbennetttest, and to the mail address with the extension. In both cases, I am able to click back via the login link in the received mail message, but it leads to another group of which the fbennetttest ID is a member. I am definitely sending the invite from the intended account (NU-Law Comparative Property Law).

The group join is unsuccessful, so I am unable to access the group content (where the files I want to test are located) as the alternative user. Neither web access nor Zotero sync turn up the account to be tested.

Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wrong?

Frank Bennett
  • Are you logging out of your original account before you click the join link? If not, when you used the link it would expire the invitation and you wouldn't be able to join with your second account. I use similar emails for several of my testing accounts so as far as I know it shouldn't cause a problem.
    If you send the invitation, log out, log in on the second account, then accept the invitation it should work. If not, let me know after you send an invitation so I can see what is going on.