Item Type - Bug

I love using Zotero, however, I am frequently quoting "web pages", i.e. using "Item type": "Web Page". However, this type is cannot be selected using the + sign from the "New Idem, More" menu but must be selected after using any item type (using +) and changing it in the "Info" tab.
  • Any reason you're not using the Create New Item from Current Page button?

The omission of "Web Page" from the list is by design, because there should almost never be a reason to create one manually, and in those rare cases switching the type is trivial.
  • As I am not familiar with the nomenclature, I am not sure what you mean by "create new item from current page button". However, I am using a green button with a roll over text saying "New Item". And my problem is, that in this item list I cannot find the "item type" web page but can find all other types, which seems rather strange to me.
  • Right. This is why there's no "Web Page" in the list.

Start here: http://www.zotero.org/support/getting_stuff_into_your_library
  • I hate :-) when our IT people tell me something is "by design". OK I learned something new, i.e. the bluish paper icon right next to the green plus sign automatically sets the item type to web page. However, why not adding this item type to the list - it does no harm. Many thanks anyway, German research has made great progress today thanks to your wonderful tool!
  • why not adding this item type to the list - it does no harm.
    Yes it does, because people (like, say, you) will attempt to add a web page item manually and think they have to type in all the metadata by hand, when there are two much better ways to add web pages.