start export function by a command prompt

Hello,

does anybody know, how to start the export function of zotero with the command line?
I would implement an automatic backup of Zotero using a batchfile.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.

Regards

Claus
  • The export functions of Zotero are not recommended for use as backups, since they don't completely represent the database. See http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data for information on what exactly to back up-- you can do it with basic file copy operations.
  • Hello,

thanks for ur reply. I know, this is not a hole backup up (without pdf, index...). This should be only an additional automatic safteyinstance.
    To copy the hole sqlite-file zotero should be closed, shouldn't? Is there a command prompt to open zotero, start the sync and close it afterwards?

Thanks?

Regards

Claus
  • The way I backup Zotero is
    -I backup the firefox profile and zotero data directory (which I have moved outside FF profile) with my normal hourly backups on Time Machine
    -I have set up Zotero to sync automatically

Automatic syncing takes place when you change something locally. I think that opening zotero periodically to sync is not nescessary.
  • That being said, I think that it would be possible to start Zotero automatically from command line and then kill it after a while would be possible, but there should be no need to do this.