Style Error: [Journal of law, medicine, and ethics] ibid vs supra

Hello, JMLE has a citation style, but it looks like it doesn't handle repeated citations the way JMLE's author instructions say.

Here's the Zotero output for the JMLE style when there are two citations in a row to the same document.
1 E.C. McKiernan, P.E. Bourne, C.T. Brown, S. Buck, A. Kenall, J. Lin, D. McDougall, B.A. Nosek, K. Ram, C.K. Soderberg, J.R. Spies, K. Thaney, A. Updegrove, K.H. Woo and T. Yarkoni, ‘How Open Science Helps Researchers Succeed’, eLife 5 (2016): e16800.
2 Ibid.

Ok, good.

Now if I insert a different citation in between the two citations to the same document, I want the repeat citation to say

3. See McKiernan, supra note 1.

Based on the instructions at https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/journal-of-law-medicine-and-ethics/information/author-instructions/preparing-your-materials

But here's what Zotero outputs:
1 E.C. McKiernan, P.E. Bourne, C.T. Brown, S. Buck, A. Kenall, J. Lin, D. McDougall, B.A. Nosek, K. Ram, C.K. Soderberg, J.R. Spies, K. Thaney, A. Updegrove, K.H. Woo and T. Yarkoni, ‘How Open Science Helps Researchers Succeed’, eLife 5 (2016): e16800.
2 M.D.J. Peters, C. Godfrey, P. McInerney, H. Khalil, P. Larsen, C. Marnie, D. Pollock, A.C. Tricco and Z. Munn, ‘Best Practice Guidance and Reporting Items for the Development of Scoping Review Protocols’, JBI Evidence Synthesis (2022).
3 E.C. McKiernan, P.E. Bourne, C.T. Brown, S. Buck, A. Kenall, J. Lin, D. McDougall, B.A. Nosek, K. Ram, C.K. Soderberg, J.R. Spies, K. Thaney, A. Updegrove, K.H. Woo and T. Yarkoni, How open science helps researchers succeed.

On the one hand, I hate to ask anyone to volunteer time to sort this out just because JMLE is a special snowflake. On the other hand, I don't want to tell a library user to do it manually....

Thank you!
Kate