Can't connect to webdav server

edited 2 days ago
I had a laptop crash in the past couple of months and ended up having to start from scratch. That being said, I had my Zotero synced with a personal web server I host where I had configured webdav. It was synced fine before my big crash. I suspect the issue has something to do with 1) being forcefully upgraded to Sequoia by Apple when my Macbook was being repaired (I was on an older version of OSX before) and/or 2) being on a different version of Zotero than I was on.

Note: I'm replacing my server info with "XXX" for privacy reasons.

Any ideas on how to fix? I'm including report into below:

---

REPORT ID: 778661117

[additional errors removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out"]

[JavaScript Error: "WebDAV verification failed. Verify your file sync settings in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."]

[…]

[JavaScript Error: "XXX is not a valid WebDAV URL."]

[JavaScript Error: "WebDAV verification failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Request timed out"]

[JavaScript Error: "WebDAV verification failed"]

appName => Zotero, version => 7.0.8-beta.7+76618b4de (x64), os => macOS 15.0.1, locale => en-US, extensions =>
  • That's a problem with either your internet connection or the WebDAV server. Nothing in Zotero related to WebDAV has changed in years.
  • I'm not sure. Nothing has changed about the server itself, nor the way I login to it. It may be my connection, but nothing has really changed there either. I suspect it has something to do with OSX Sequoia and its security features--I just haven't figured out what yet. If anyone has any specific ideas, let me know.
  • Ah, nevermind! It was an issue on my server's side. I was using my vanity URL to connect, which is what I had done previously. For some reason it's not working now and I had to use something less intuitive (e.g.: server's IP address) to connect. But we're all set :) It turned out it wasn't OSX or Zotero after all. Leaving this here for posterity in case it helps anyone else. And if anyone else has HostPapa as your webhost, you may need to write them a ticket to get the address you should actually be connecting to ;)