Zotero 7 not auto changing title of PDF with metadata rename...

One of the bugs I'm seeing in Zotero 7 is that the title of a document will not be renamed from parent metadata when the name of the file is renamed from parent metadata. One has to copy and paste the filename to change the title of the PDF. In Zotero 6 the title of the PDF was automatically changed when the title of the PDF was extracted from the metadata. See image with red arrows for example post-metadata extraction of filename.

The Zotero 6 auto-change saved some time. Can we get this back?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u1122284/yjrnjrqs7fps6zq88qwc.png
  • Facing the same
  • @thejoemaya Same answer as above
  • In other words, for people who don't follow the links given as answers: Zotero not changing the attachment title to the same value as the file name is the intended behavior.
    I for one was surprised at first, but now I really agree with the developers. I used to prefer a more meaningful attachment title, but I have realized that its main consequence for me was to cause a duplication of search results without adding any real value.
  • I was also surprised when this change first appeared in the betas. But most of the time, I even don't expand the item, because I have all the information I need in the main window and in the item pane. I just need to double-click to open the associated pdf.