Feature Request: Drag and Drop between two open Zotero instances

edited 6 days ago
Hi,

This is about transferring items from one Zotero profile to another.

I always find it hard to export more extensive collections in Zotero without visually indicating progress.

I have checked that I can run two Zotero instances, each open to different profiles side by side. I can drag and drop items from one to another. But the item that gets copied is different from the one I pulled. I assume it must be an item from the Target profile that gets copied that matches the Pulled item's ID. I understand there must be some ID for each in the database different from the target profile.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u10864432/8u0chw87aygn96k5euf7.png

Creating a new item from the dragged item in the Target profile would be great. That way, it's more visual and doesn't involve switching applications, going to Finder manually, etc., all those steps.

This way, even if I have a larger collection of old profiles, I can drag and keep adding items as I need over some time.

There can be a "Side by Side mode" altogether, where two different profiles can be opened in two windows.

Thanks