My whole Safari freezes

This discussion was created from comments split from: zotero extension in safari freezing and crashing safari.
  • I am having this SAME problem! My whole Safari freezes and then when I pull up the Force Quit app, it tells me that the Zotero connector is not responding. And I am forced to quit that and Safari. But it is happening pretty frequently now. I don't even have the Zotero app open!
  • Are you running Zotero 7? Can you provide a Report ID?
  • I've experienced this problem infrequently -- approx every 10 days -- for a few weeks now. I believe it started before I upgraded to Zotero version 7 and the upgrade did not correct it. I'll see if I can send a report ID next time it occurs, and I also enabled debug logging b/c safari has to be force quit so not sure I'll be able to send a report.

Zotero: 7.0.7 (last crash occurred just before I updated)
    connector: 5.0.142
    MacOS: Sonoma 14.7
    Safari: 18.0.1
  • edited yesterday at 7:58pm
    Zotero does not seem to be running a report error because I don't have zotero open. (It just occurred again!) My Safari is crashing (frozen and must force quit) because the Zotero connector is not responding, but to be clear I am not using zotero at the time. I have Zotero 7.0.3 on my Mac.
    Safari 17.6