issues in formatting notes for a Ph.D

hello, I'm having small issues with the final formatting of my thesis done with Zotero in Chicago footnote styles. the app seems to do a few things wrong and I don't get why:

1 example:
I'm referring to a book titled Technics and Time 2, and formatted that way in the Zotero app. On the Word document the app turns it into Technics and Time. 2 (adding a dot) - how is that possible given I've made extra-sure that the only entry I have on Zotero is without dot? In other similar instances e.g. Technics and Time 1, the app keeps it the right way, without adding any dot...

2example:
I have a series of notes as following:
Bernard Stiegler, Nanjing Lectures (2016-2019).
Bernard Stiegler, 98–104.
Bernard Stiegler, 100.
Bernard Stiegler, 103.
Bernard Stiegler, 103.

following Chicago style, the right formatting should be
Bernard Stiegler, Nanjing Lectures (2016–2019).
Stiegler, 98–104.
Stiegler, 100.
Stiegler, 103.
Stiegler, 103.

Zotero does it right in a multiple similar instances across the thesis, but this one gets it wrong - how is that possible?

should I just override and manually fix these glitches or is there something I can try to get it done automatically?

what's scary is that there might be multiple other unmotivated glitches of this kind I haven't seen yet and it takes away a lot of trust in the automatization process...

thx for your help!
  • Almost certainly the issue is data entry -- you have the author entered as "Bernard Stiegler" (either in single field mode or all in the lastname field), whereas it should be Stiegler, Bernard in two-field mode
  • right on point Adam! thx for your lead - and the dot was because I had a short title entry with the dot in there which wasn't in the full title...thx a lot!!