unlink, relink, adding odd references

Hi,
Some of the references get unlinked in the document. When I relink them, it adds odd references in the bibliography section- some web addresses with no title, some that are already correctly in the reference list. When I check the sources, the info section in Zotero, it seems like it's correct so I can't tell where it's pulling the wrong information.
  • As an example--- Zotero drops DOI numbers- without any other identifier- into the document at the top of the reference page, after I've synced it. Both references were already in the document, although one had the wrong DOI number and the dropped one was correct.
  • Which word processor?
  • Google docs.
  • Sounds like you had duplicate entries for the same item in your Zotero library. You should deal with those by using the Duplicate Items view (in the left-pane) and merging them.

If you delete items from your library that are cited in the document then the citations in your document become unlinked from Zotero. To relink them you have to remove those citations (or cited items in multi-item citations) and re-add the item that is in your library.

After that the items in the bibliography should reflect the metadata in your library. If you're not seeing this and can reproduce it in a new document, let us know.