subcollections views aren't refreshed in Zotero 7.0.6 beta

edited 9 days ago
I have installed 7.0.6-beta.2+b4239fd4c on MacOS 15.
I’ve noticed that when I create or delete a subcollection, these changes aren’t immediately reflected in the main collection view. The only way I can see the updated collection structure is by manually collapsing and expanding the subcollection. This suggests that the view doesn’t automatically refresh when changes are made.
  • Can you provide exact steps to reproduce? I'm not seeing that.

Make sure you can reproduce this in Troubleshooting Mode (Help → "Restart in Troubleshooting Mode…”).
  • Hi, thanks for your reply! In the meantime, I ran into a couple of other issues. For example, I had trouble finding the metadata for some added PDFs, and I also encountered a persistent problem where I couldn’t remove files from the trash, even after restarting. I ended up reinstalling Zotero (using the stable version), and fortunately, that resolved the issues.
  • edited 8 days ago
    None of those are things that should happen in the beta, though. I doubt installing the release version fixed anything, but if you can reproduce these in the beta, we'd want to know. Again, make sure you're testing in Troubleshooting Mode.
  • After reinstalling the beta version, I can no longer reproduce the issue. However, I suspect the problem was specific to my installation. For several weeks, I had trouble viewing the content of the bin—it would only appear after startup and then go blank until a restart. Reinstalling resolved both issues.