PDF annotations made on one device are not appearing on another

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero server issue?.
  • edited September 25, 2024
    Hi, I am not receiving an error messages from Zotero but PDF annotations made on one device (e.g. iPad) are not appearing on PC (I have plenty of cloud storage space). Before Zotero 7, changes made on iPad were almost instantaneously updated across devices, without having to manually refresh.

Is this related to the current sync issues?

Many thanks for everything your team does!
  • Are you still seeing this?

If so, do the annotations appear in the online library?

If so, is the sync icon still spinning on your PC?
  • edited September 26, 2024
    Hi, thank you for the suggestion.

When I make an annotation on a PDF on the iPad app, the edit is not showing up in the web library, at least not in a timely manner and, sometimes, well over half hour. The sync icon is spinning round and round on the iPad. The good news is that the annotations don't appear to be getting lost - just significantly delayed.

Have tried closing and restarting app on iPad and forcing sync again but this does not improve performance.

Once the changes to the PDF eventually get pushed to the Zotero server (I subscribe to the 6GB plan with ample headroom), I can see the changes appear on the online library and then on PC Zotero app shortly after.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID from the iPad for making a change that isn’t immediately uploaded?
  • Sync appears to be working again as normal. Thanks for your help. Will repost if problem crops up again.