New document type request?

I would love to see a "syllabus" document type, but I'm not sure how to create it. The syllabus would have; title, author(s), course number, date (year?), language, institution/university/college, place, # of pages, accessed, rights. It could also have: URL, accessed, archive, loc. in archive.

How can I create this?
  • I guess the easiest way would be to use the type "report" to create this. You already have "institution" as field in there. You could add syllabus either in the extra field, or in the "report type" field, or add it in brackets or something like this after the title. And you could use the "report number" field for the syllabus number. Otherwise, I guess you would have to argue here, why you cannot make use of report or any other existing item types. I think the devs are understandably rather conservative about creating new items types.
  • Or document? In any case, new item types are going to be added very sparingly, and I don't really see a place where we'd add something as specialized as a syllabus (how often is that cited, really?). There's currently -- and in the medium run at least -- no way to create custom item types.