EReader for annotating Zotero 7 PDF's

Hello

Does anyone have a nice workflow setup for annotating and using Zotero PDF's?
I've only recently picked up Zotero as I clean up about 200 whitepapers and other articles for some projects that I am working on.
I would like to be able to make minor edits such as highlight/inking and maybe a small annotation that I fill in with full-form text later.

Looking for an EReader to essentially function as a second, drawable, screen as I sort and work with all the PDF's.
I have a kindle and some old ereaders, they've always been easier on the eyes than an IPad or the like.

Don't want to email the files from PC to EReader or other such shenanagins.

Any tips or ideas? Maybe the Note Air3 would work
  • I have been using Boox devices for 3 years now without any trouble. I am not using Zotero for Android though, because I like Boox reader app NeoReader very much. I download and upload pdfs using Zoo for Zotero. I have a storage subscripton, if you are looking for a free option you should use Attanger with Syncthing, which is what I did (with ZotFile on Zotero 6) for a while but a bit cumbersome with some sync conflicts here and there. I used Note 5, Tab Ultra and Poke 5 models without any problem other than sync conflicts I mentioned.
  • I have boox note air 2 plus tablet and a smaller nova air. Both have bw e paper screen and let's you draw with a pen. The first has built in zotero support so you can download pdfs in the gui and let them be synced back into the zotero cloud automatically. I think this is built by boox so it is not supported by the Zotero team but seems to work quite well (some has posted here with problems). This means drawing on the pdfs is very good as it is done inside the boox pdf reader.

The nova air seems to be too old for the update that allowed zotero sync but both do of course support the app.

The app will arrive, but probably not tomorrow I guess. I've been using the web library to read epubs and that also works well on both the nova air and note air.