Chicago style use short title subsequent and then super-short entry after that

I am currently using Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note, short title subsequent), but my university Style Guide requires that one use the short title entry subsequent to the first entry and then on the third entry in a row, use the super-short form with just author and page number, which is the default format for subsequent in Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (full note).

Like this:
1 G. K. Beale, We Become What We Worship: A Biblical Theology of Idolatry (Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2008), 12.
2 Beale, We Become What We Worship, 15.
3 Beale, 22.

Any suggestion on how to add an if statement to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance,
David
  • Can't be done, I'm afraid. The "Beale, 22" format is used by the standard Chicago Manual style (full note) for citations in the ibid format So you'd get

3 G. K. Beale, We Become What We Worship: A Biblical Theology of Idolatry (Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2008), 12.
    4. Marx, Data Kapital
    5. Beale, We Become What We Worship
    6. Beale

but that's by the position relative to other citations of the same work. Zotero has no concept of how many times an item has been cited previously beyond a binary yes/no.
  • I see. Just so I am clear, is there no way to get the author and page number only to show it anytime it is subsequent to the short-title entry?