Is there a new Tabs function in Zotero 7: how do i use it?

Below the Menu bar in Zotero 7 (Win 11) a tab graphic shows the highlighted collection from the main window. This looks like a Tabs bar, with a down arrow at the far right.
However, i have not discovered how to add another tab, or what the down arrow at the far right does.
It would be very useful to be able to have different collections available in the Tabs bar, with the last highlighted entry visible when switching back to a Tab.
I could not find this feature documented or discussed anywhere.

Thank you for all the good work.
Zotero continues to be an essential part of my daily endeavours.
  • Tabs are currently just used for the reader. If you have Zotero set to open PDFs externally, you might not ever open a tab.

We'll likely be making it possible to open new library views in tabs in a future version.
  • Ah, understood.
    This feature would be useful.

I use an external PDF reader as universally recognized annotations saved in the PDF itself is essential to my workflow.

Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
  • re. 'We'll likely be making it possible to open new library views in tabs in a future version.':

It would be wonderful if this could incorporate Forward and Back buttons, to allow a return to the previous highlighted document or collection.

And thank you for the Filter Collections function: this will allow me to re-organize my collections into useful sub-headings without the need for placing items into more than one collection.
    i.e. multiple 'Standards and Recommendations' sub-collections can be created under different collections.
    Previously I felt the need to place each item into each relevant collection.
    Or perhaps its recommended that i should be using tags more effectively?

Keep up the good work.