drag and drop error.

Hello. I am dragging 142 pdf files into main folder. It doesn't do anything. However if I do one file a time it works alright. I really don't want to drag one file at a time. I wait 2 minutes for something to happens but nothing. It only seems to work with one file. Report ID: 1495208649
There is a discussion about this but the solution wasn't posted, the guy said it just worked be deleting some files from his original folder where he was dropping the files from.
Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • There's a particular file that's causing the error. Copy in halves until you find the one.
  • Or look for a file with filename containing unusual characters, since that's probably the issue.
  • Thank you Dan. The problem was indeed in the filename however it was not a character what was causing the error. Zotero doesn't allow to drag files with filenames longer than 155 characters or so. I tried 150 characters in filename and drags fine all my pdfs, but if some filename is 160 characters long then the indexing stops at that point and Zotero does not resume or skips the long filename. Thank you for your help.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for the dragging of a single file that fails?
  • Hi. Yes. ID 597808687.
    Like I said it is just the length of the filename.
    Thanks for being so professional about it.
  • Debug ID, not Report ID. Please see the link.
  • Dan, okay man its done.
    ID: D2032401170
    Thanks.