Suggestion: Use the same toggle button to hide items pane instead of relying on the panel border?

I had just updated to Zotero 7 and it looks great. While I am still getting used to the item pane icons on the right, I find the interface that hide/show the items pane slightly conflicting and annoying, as both of them rely on different mechanisms.

For example, if I would like to show the item pane, I can now click on the info/abstract/attachment... button to show the item pane, which can be useful. However, if I want to hide those item pane back through simple click (not going through the view panel), I would need to hover my mouse near the border of the item pane to show the up/down arrow, and then drag it to the corner. I find this hard to navigate most of the time, as the region where this up/down arrow appears is very narrow.

Since the developers have introduced a useful mechanism to show these pane in the latest version, maybe we should also have the same mechanism to hide these panel back (or maybe, at least a toggle button somewhere)?

(note: this suggestion might apply to the collection pane as well, but I do not find the missing functionality as annoying as the item pane as it did not have a button mechanism to show the collection pane, which creates a consistency that I can get used to...)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u9845399/jb95uiko65kn44jiel4v.png
  • I feel the need too - I want to show/hide the Item Pane back through a simple click, not by going through 'View > Layout > Item Pane'.